Wednesday-Saturday, February 8-11, 2017: AWP Conference and Bookfair, Washington, DC
- Panel: “The G Word: Writing and Teaching Genre in a Changing Literary Landscape,” with Matt Bell, Katie Cortese, Idra Novey, and Porochista Khakpour, Marquis Salon 6, Meeting Level Two, Marriott Marquis, 901 Massachusetts Avenue NW • Thursday, February 9, 10:30 a.m.
- Author Signing, George Mason University Booth, Bookfair Booth 501, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mt. Vernon Place NW • Thursday, February 9, 1 p.m.
- Reading hosted by SmokeLong Quarterly and DC’s Noir at the Bar, with authors E.A. Aymar, Matt Bell. Tara Campbell, Rob Hart, W. Todd Kaneko, Tara Laskowski, Jennifer Pashley, and Amber Sparks, The Pub and the People, 1648 N. Capitol Street NW • Saturday, February 11, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 11, 2017
- “The Short Story: Big Worlds in Small Spaces,” Bay to Ocean Writers Conference, Cadby Auditorium, Chesapeake College, 1000 College Circle, Wye Mills, MD • 10:15 a.m.
Friday-Saturday, March 24-25, 2017: Virginia Festival of the Book, Charlottesville, VA
- Panel (as moderator): “Crime Wave Bestsellers” with Megan Abbott, Bill Beverly, and John Hart, Jefferson School African American Heritage Center, 233 4th Street NW • Friday, March 24, 8 p.m.
- Crime Wave Brunch with Laura Lippman (as table host), Omni Hotel, Ballroom B/C, 212 Ridge McIntire Road • 10 a.m.
- Sisters in Crime booth, Festival Lit Fair, Omni Hotel Atrium, 212 Ridge McIntire Road • 3-4 p.m. (my shift)
Friday-Sunday, April 28-30, 2017: Malice Domestic, Bethesda, MD
- Opening Ceremonies • Friday, April 28, 5 p.m.
- Welcome Reception & Anthology Signing for Malice Domestic 12: Mystery Most Historical (as part of editorial selection committee) • Friday, April 28, 9 p.m.
- Panel: “Make It Snappy: Agatha Best Short Story Nominees,” with Gretchen Archer, Barb Goffman, Edith Maxwell, and B.K. Stevens, moderated by Linda Landrigan • Saturday, April 29, 10 a.m.
- Agatha Awards Banquet • Saturday, April 29, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 18, 2017
- Mystery writers panel with Donna Andrews, Ellen Crosby, John Gilstrap, and Alan Orloff, co-sponsored by Hooray for Books, Martha Washington Library, 6614 Fort Hunt Road, Alexandria, VA • 7 p.m.
Saturday, July 15
- Thriller Awards Banquet, ThrillerFest, Grand Hyatt, 109 East 42nd Street, New York, NY • 7 p.m.
Thursday-Sunday, October 12-15, 2017: Bouchercon 2017, Toronto, Canada
- Plans to be announced!