This week brings one of my favorite events of the year: the annual Malice Domestic conference, May 3-5 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, Bethesda, MD.
I’m excited this year that my story, “English 398: Fiction Workshop,” is a finalist for the Agatha Award for Best Short Story—and particularly thrilled to be on the same slate as my wife, Tara Laskowski, nominated for her story “The Case of the Visiting Professor,” and our three other fellow finalists: Leslie Budewitz, Susanna Calkins, and Barb Goffman.
My official schedule for Malice is below, but as always, the biggest highlight of Malice is the community coming together—so looking for between times to seeing so many old friends and making some new ones too.
- Panel: “Make It Snappy: Our Agatha Best Short Story Nominees,” with Leslie Budewitz, Susanna Calkins, Barb Goffman, and Tara Laskowski, moderated by Michael Bracken • Friday, May 3, 2 p.m.
- Opening Ceremonies • Friday, May 3, 5 p.m.
- Sisters in Crime Breakfast • Saturday, May 4, 7:30 a.m.
- Author Signing • Saturday, May 4, 10-10:30 a.m.
- Agatha Awards Banquet • Saturday, May 4, 7 p.m.