I can hardly believe Bouchercon is so close on the horizon! I’ll be arriving on Wednesday late afternoon and looking forward already to seeing so many friends, attending so many events, diving into all the fun—and my first visit to Toronto too!
I’m particularly excited about this year’s gathering for two reasons. First, I get the opportunity to help host/emcee an hour honoring Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine for its distinguished contributions to the genre. Second, my story “Parallel Play” from Chesapeake Crimes: Storm Warning is in the running for both the Macavity and the Anthony Award this year—yowsa!
Here’s my schedule of events—and much more in-between times too, including drinks with the Guppies, lunch with the Short Mystery Fiction Society, and breakfast with Sisters in Crime. See you all soon!
- Author Speed Dating • Thursday, October 12, 8-10 a.m.
- Program celebrating Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine‘s distinguished contributions to the genre, as host/emcee, interviewing EQMM editor Janet Hutchings and introducing short vignettes from writers with ties to the magazine, including Josh Pachter, Brendan DuBois, Laura Benedict, Naben Ruthnum, Jill D. Block, Jennifer Soosar, Steve Steinbock, Bill Crider, Michael Bracken, Dana Cameron, Lee Goldberg, Marilyn Todd, Richard Helms, Twist Phelan, and Marvin Lachman
• Thursday, October 12, 5:30 p.m.
- Opening Ceremonies, including presentation of Macavity Awards • Thursday, October 12, 7:30 p.m.
- Panel: “Meet Your Short Story Anthony Nominees” (as panelist), Grand Centre Room • Friday, October 13, 2 p.m.
- Anthony Awards Brunch • Sunday, October 15, 11 a.m.