In addition to a busy semester ahead at George Mason University—putting the finishing touches now on syllabi for my Recent American Fiction course, my Creative Nonfiction workshop, and a new class in Writing & Publishing Reviews—I’m also looking forward to taking part in several upcoming conferences and festivals, notably the 50th anniversary conference of the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, this year’s Bay to Ocean Writers Conference, and then the Virginia Festival of the Book, whose full schedule went live this week.
Here’s the full listing of events and appearances through March of this year—hope to see you there!
Wednesday-Saturday, February 8-11, 2017: AWP Conference and Bookfair, Washington, DC
- Panel: “The G Word: Writing and Teaching Genre in a Changing Literary Landscape,” with Matt Bell, Katie Cortese, Idra Novey, and Porochista Khakpour, Marquis Salon 6, Meeting Level Two, Marriott Marquis, 901 Massachusetts Avenue NW • Thursday, February 9, 10:30 a.m.
- Author Signing, George Mason University Booth, Bookfair Booth 501, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mt. Vernon Place NW • Thursday, February 9, 1 p.m.
- Reading hosted by SmokeLong Quarterly and DC’s Noir at the Bar, with authors E.A. Aymar, Matt Bell. Tara Campbell, W. Todd Kaneko, Tara Laskowski, Jennifer Pashley, and Amber Sparks, The Pub and the People, 1648 N. Capitol Street NW • Saturday, February 11, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 11, 2017
- “The Short Story: Big Worlds in Small Spaces,” Bay to Ocean Writers Conference, Chesapeake College, 1000 College Circle, Wye Mills, MD
Friday-Saturday, March 24-25, 2017: Virginia Festival of the Book, Charlottesville, VA
- Panel (as moderator): “Crime Wave Bestsellers” with Megan Abbott, Bill Beverly, and John Hart, Jefferson School African American Heritage Center, 233 4th Street NW • Friday, March 24, 8 p.m.
- Sisters in Crime booth, Festival Lit Fair, Omni Hotel Atrium, 212 Ridge McIntire Road • Saturday, March 25, times t.b.d.