Except for teaching my classes Monday and Wednesday, this week is all about Bouchercon—and heck, Bouchercon is even on my mind during those classes. (Psst! Don’t tell my students—or my department chair!)
Looking forward to the biggest gathering of writers and readers in the mystery world this week—and excited about the generous attention my work has received this year in terms of being a Macavity finalist and having two books listed on the Anthony ballot. Here’s my own schedule of events, though most of the fun of Bouchercon is seeing folks in-between places throughout the weekend.
- Opening Ceremonies, with Macavity Awards Presentation • Thursday, September 15, 6:30 p.m.
- “Me and My Friends,” panel on writing groups, with Donna Andrews, Ellen Crosby, John Gilstrap, and Alan Orloff, moderated by Eleanor Cawood Jones • Friday, September 16, 9:30 a.m.
- Anthony Awards Presentation • Friday, September 16, 8 p.m.
- Sisters in Crime Breakfast • Saturday, September 17, 7:30 a.m.
- “Step in Time,” panel on pacing (as moderator), with Sara Blaedel, Suzanne Chazin, Elizabeth Heiter, Reece Hirsch, and Cate Holahan • Saturday, September 17, 4:30 p.m.
This schedule also appears on my new newsletter that debuted this morning—and which you can view online here. If you haven’t signed up, please do subscribe—which will give you the chance to answer the trivia question at the bottom of the newsletter and enter a drawing for a prize including an issue of Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine, an issue of The Digest Enthusiast, and a copy of this year’s Best American Mystery Stories anthology. Details through the link!
Look forward to seeing folks in New Orleans!