The Suffolk Mystery Writers Festival has just released the schedule for its star-studded program on Saturday, August 13—and I’m pleased to have both a reading slot and a nice panel assignment alongside a fine group of writers, including good friends Frankie Y. Bailey, T.J. O’Connor, and LynDee Walker. The all-day program takes place at the Suffolk Center for the Cultural Arts, 110 W. Finney Drive, in Suffolk, VA.
The festival is actually one of four events ahead for me in August, beginning with a reading series in Chicago and including a couple of events closer to home: a panel discussion at the Ellen Coolidge Burke Library in Alexandria, and the Reston Reading Series at Reston Used Books in… well, I guess you got Reston mentioned enough there.
The full schedule of August events is below, with a longer listing of events on my website here.
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
- Wit Rabbit Reading Series with James Tadd Adcox, Naomi Huffman, and Tara Laskowski, Quenchers Saloon, 2401 N Western Avenue, Chicago, IL • 7 p.m.
Thursday, August 11, 2016
- Mystery Writers Panel with Con Lehane, G.M. Malliet, and Collen Shogan, Ellen Coolidge Burke Branch Library, 4701 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA • 7 p.m. (Books for sale by One More Page Books)
Saturday, August 13, 2016: Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival, Suffolk VA
- Reading from On the Road with Del & Louise • 2:45 p.m.
- Panel: “It’s A Marathon, Not A Sprint: Pacing Mystery & Suspense,” with Frankie Y. Bailey, Mary Lawrence, Judith Lucci, T.J. O’Connor, Amy M. Reade, and LynDee Walker, Birdsong Theater • 3 p.m.
Sunday, August 28, 2016
- Reston Readings with Tara Laskowski and David Olimpio, Reston’s Used Book Shop, Lake Anne Village Center, 1623 Washington Plaza N, Reston, VA • 5:30 p.m.