Six authors will headline a “Local Author Festival” this Saturday, January 30, at the Barnes & Noble at Mayfaire Town Center in Wilmington, NC. The free event takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and featured authors include:
- Sheila Webster Boneham, award-winning author of nearly 20 books on pet care, most recently Rescue Matters! How to Find, Foster, and Rehome Companion Animals: A Guide for Volunteers and Organizers.
- Clyde Edgerton, bestselling author of nine novels, including most recently The Bible Salesman, as well as a memoir, short stories, and essays. (Note: arriving after 1 p.m.)
- Daniel Ray Norris, founder of SlapDash Publishing and author of both Carolina Beach, NC: Images & Icons of a Bygone Era and its follow-up, Carolina Beach, NC: Friends & Neighbors Remembered.
- Joseph “Skipper” Funderburg, renowned surfer and author of Surfing on the Cape Fear Coast, also published by SlapDash Publishing.
- Theodore Alexander Fouros, restaurateur and author of Feast for the Gods: Classic Greek Cooking of the Seven Ionian Isles.
- And Abigail “Abby” Arrington, author of Precession, the first in a planned series of thrillers drawing on her own legal background.
Locally grown and (in some cases) nationally known, these authors offer a little something for all tastes. Come out and show your support!